Laman

Selasa, 06 Juli 2010

Fajar Setio Nugroho (2201405505) - FINAL ASSIGNMENT: Recount Text

My Holiday in West Sumatra 2008


On the month of July in 2008 I went to West Sumatra for my holiday destination and it was very very moving experience for me specially the Minangese people it self was so friendly and always smile at you.

I arrived at the BIM Airport but don’t remember the date, and then pick up my rental car and start driving my rental car toward Stinjau Laut Road heading toward Muaralabuh Solok Selatan and on the way to Muaralabuh which is only about 3 hours driving from City of Padang. I stop my car some where on the top of Stinjau Laut Road on the side of the Road wanting to know the view from the top of Stinjau Laut Road and it was amazing experience to see all the view from the top and I stop there for while and start taking photo's with my Fuji Fine Pix S9500, I reckon I took heaps of photo's while I was there.

And then I continue my driving toward Alahan Panjang and stop there for a while and also took some photo's while I was there and then after that again I start driving toward my destination Muaralabuh and I tell you what it was wonderful driving on the way down to Muaralabuh and the scenery it was so beautiful, I love it and breath taking. Stayed in Muaralabuh for about three days and visit the area every where while I was there. On the fourth days I'm driving heading toward Solok, Batu Sangkar, Padang Panjang and Bukttinggi and stayed the night in Bukittinggi in one of the Hotel. At night, I went to see Jam Gadang and other places which is not so far from where I was staying and it was again wonderful experience meeting the lovely local people.

The weather at night it was so nice and not so hot, I love it there in Bukittinggi, could not wait going back there again in the near future. Got up in the morning the next day had some breakfast and coffee and start driving to Payokumbuah toward Harau Valley. I don’t remember how long it took us to get there but we arrived there about lunch time and again I took a lot’s of photo's again. In the afternoon driving toward Pariaman to catch the amazing Sunset and I got lots of photo's just for taking photo's from the side of the Road.

Going Back to Padang via Maninjau lake, by the time we got to Maninjau Lake I was so tired and could not wait to go back to Padang and have a rest because the next day I have to fly out to Jakarta. Arrived in Padang in the evening and have something to eat and after dinner we went to visit the Siti Nurbaya Bridge and also other places in the area near the Padang beach and by this time is already about nine a clock at night and my body is telling me to go home and go to bed and get ready to go to Jakarta in the Morning.

Anyway, the experience that I have while I was in West Sumatra something that I would never ever forget for the rest of my life. Could not wait to do it all over again hopefully soon.

1 komentar:

  1. I love West Sumatra for Sumatra is my birth-land, thank you for posting this.
    Would you compare your final writing with this site http://www.west-sumatra.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=86&Itemid=233 ?

    BalasHapus